Scanned on a CanoScan 9000f at 600DPI. These are resized to 1024 pixels on the short side.
The first two are also in the video. There are 8 frames in a pack of Impossible film — it’s not like I have 36 images to choose from, plus, I really like them.
This is a lame picture but it’s the result of an experiment so I included it. I used a telephoto adapter for a Canon AF35ML/Super Sure Shot/Autoboy Super (which sadly, I don’t have working yet). I framed using the adapter lens held over the viewfinder lens and then moved it over the taking lens. I was a little sloppy with the framing (no tripod) and got my finger in the picture but it works! That means I can use an even longer telephoto, a wide angle, or even a fish-eye adapter. I do need to adjust for the loss of light next time — there ain’t no free lunch.
Another developer-didn’t-quite-reach splat. Still, not bad for film that’s been expired for 2 years.
Weird expired-effects aside, I love this film. I’ll get some more fresh and shoot it fresh and see how it goes. Every time I’ve purchased Impossible film, it’s been better than the last so they’re still hard at work improving the formulas.
Scanned on the Canoscan 9000f at 2400DPI. Resized to 10% except for the detail images which are 1024 X 768 crops of the full-sized scans.
Cool accident. It looks like someone in a v-neck and a blazer.
Amoebas are eating my prints!
I know it’s supposed to be black and white but the rust color is gorgeous.
I found an interesting article about doing emulsion lifts from Impossible film. It’ll be interesting to see where the spots are in the print layers.
Update 16 July 2016
I sold this camera but here’s what it looks like.
A cool camera in great shape but I have a few almost like it so off it went to a new home.
This is a cool camera. The images I’ve gotten so far are kind of funky. Exposure and focus are pretty good but the color balance is nuts. I think it’s the expired Impossible Project film — every batch gets better but it still doesn’t have the stability or shelf life that Polaroid’s integral films had. Yet. Scanned on a 600DPI Canon MF8350, straightened, and cropped.
Scans are from a Canon MF8350. 600DPI scaled to 30% for upload. No color or exposure correction.
The promised “More to come”.
Part of the original project. No results photographs in the video.
These two are from the old Polaroid film that was in the camera when I got it.
Film is Impossible Project PX 680. Scanned at 1200 DPI on a Canon MP480 then resized for the web. No other post-processing. The colors are pretty true to the prints.
I’ve photographed this chair several times but never got the feel I was looking for. It needed a Polaroid.
The smudge at the bottom and the vertical banding is from the camera’s rollers not evenly distributing the developer.
I like the soft, dreamy effect. I need to get some of the “Silver Shade” black and white.
It was about 5 PM on a really cloudy fall day so I think the camera and film performed well.